Bankruptcy Lawyer Located near
The law office of James C. Reed, P.A., in Rehoboth Beach, I offer over 20 years of experience to individuals and small businesses throughout lower Delaware. I dedicate almost my entire practice to bankruptcy matters, handling Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 filings, and helping clients use bankruptcy to get a fresh start by discharging debts, to stop home foreclosure, avoid the repossession of their car, stop wage attachments, and get a fresh start. Whatever the reason you need assistance, my sole focus is on helping you to resolve your financial problems and to move forward.
will work directly with you. You will not be handed off to a secretary, paralegal, or associate, who does not have the experience to properly evaluate your case and provide the best solution. I am a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
I keep up on bankruptcy law with continuing education and other updates, to keep abreast of the latest court rulings, interpretation of the law, and changes in the law. We are still determining the effects of the 2005 changes in the bankruptcy code, the Bankruptcy Abuse and Consumer Protection Act (BACPA). As a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, I strive to keep informed about the latest developments.
I grew up in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware; attended Georgetown University, in Washington, DC, where I received a Batchelor of Science degree in mathematics, with a minor in government; and studied law at Widener University School of Law, receiving a Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude (with high honors). Thereafter, I was a judicial clerk for a judge at the U.S. Court of Claims, and then a judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Then I practiced law in D.C. for about two years before returning to Delaware in 1986 and practicing law here.
I enjoy practicing in the area of consumer bankruptcy law, getting people relief from their unmanageable debts, and giving them a fresh financial start.
- Delaware, 1983
- District of Columbia, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1980
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D., magna cum laude – 1979
- Law Journal: Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 1977 – 1979
- Georgetown University, College of Arts and Sciences, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.S. – 1976
- Major: Mathematics
- Minor: Government
- Minimum Contacts and Delaware Directors, Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, Vol. 4, 455 (1979)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Sussex County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Past Employment Positions
- James C. Reed, P.A., Georgetown, DE 1990 – 1997
- Wolhar & Gill, Associate, Georgetown, DE 1986 – 1990
- Schmittinger & Rodriguez, Dover, DE
- Webster, Chamberlain & Bean, Washington, DC
- Judicial Clerk to Hon, Marion T. Bennett, Judge, U.S. Court of Claims, which is now part of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Judicial Clerk, Trial Judge Robert J. Yock, U.S. Court of Claims